miércoles, mayo 27, 2009

35. Live it down

Publicado por Alba |

See, I knew great things were not destined to come. It was no bump in the road, it was a defining moment, a hard one, and I thought we would never live it down.

And I was right. Half right, at least. It wasn't about me as much as it was about him. The real story, the pressing one, is not the same tired old one. It is not about what he did, and how and why. The story is not the one about my brother being there, to protect me, doing what needed to be done so nothing like that happened to me. The story, the present one -the only important one-, is what all that did to him. It's about where he is now. It was never about the reason I'm not where he is now, that ship sailed and that fate was sealed a couple of lives ago. That's a long time ago.

It's the consequences of him being there. In a box, all packed up and never to be open again, for no-one cares to understand and take the time. They all know, but they don't mind, they don't want to get it.

The point of the only story worth telling is, he never lived it down.

0 comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Subscribe