viernes, julio 31, 2009

100. Lower your defenses

Publicado por Alba |

My body had been giving up, my skin covered in pustules. My mood fell hard and everything lost sense. I began to see everything black, losing interest in moving on, fighting through and all that crap people say.

Then, one gray day as any other, lying down busy obsessing over my multiple virulent marks, I realized my sores where symmetrically placed along my body. The open wounds on my arms had a match in the exact opposite point from one arm to the other. With the help of a full-length mirror I confirmed the ulcers on my back suffered from the same odd phenomenon. It took me a couple of minutes to discover this proportion to be a planar symmetry rather than a volumetrical one, since there was a line of various lesions forming a line right on the middle of my front and back side.

I considered stigmata for a split second. The mere thought of an actual superior being gave me a perfectly symmetrical rush on my upper chest. Iddly scratching this new treat, a scene of a particularly traumatic day at Sunday School came back screaming to me. I checked just to be sure. Nope. No bodily marks on my feet or hands. Those were spared for some reason.

Alien coded messages, Matrix plug marks and a rare new disease that could be named after me later, I was about ready to give up on it. Whatever the cause, I decided, it wasn't as important as the meaning. I was rather keen on the idea of a coded message and, being the narcissistic obsesser that I am, I decided to map the constellations of my sores.

For now, it's hainging on my wall and I spend endless hours staring at it, as if trying to magically decode the shit out of it, Beautiful Mind style. So far, no luck.

In the meantime I went back to my doctor's diet and started taking the vitamins. No reason, I just felt like it. Unfortunately, all this fresh fruit and healthy eating choices is making my stigmata disappear. Even if I decode the message and it turns out I am the chosen human specimen the Superior Beings will spare when they come to annihilate the planet -you know, for collecting purposes-, I will have no way of proving it. Fuck my luck.

0 comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Subscribe