lunes, junio 29, 2009

68. Leave a light out for me

Publicado por Alba |

I, like the whole of the world's population, want to be the exception, not the rule. I have always had this distant, blurry, yet almost tangible image in the back of my mind. The predictable ending, the long way home -maybe with a little twist, but predictable nonetheless.

We don't want to settle and have to say, when we finally meet That Person -because, you know, everyone has to have one of Those-, thanks but no thanks I'm married.

Like if you wait, and the romantic comedy happens to you, you are not going to feel exactly as trapped as that Conforming Cathy feels, in five, ten years time.

But, you know what, I know this guy who has this cousin, whose roomate's ex-girlfriend's best friend had that exact thing you are going through end happily. Honest. And isn't that weird?

So hold on. And, you know, look for the signs. No, actually. Don't wait. Quit searching. Relax, because, you know -I mean, everyone knows-, it's when you're not looking that you find it.

0 comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Subscribe