viernes, agosto 07, 2009

107. Ricemonger calling

Publicado por Alba |

I have so many feelings right now. My number one feeling is I am in the mood for rice. A lot of rice. Colored rice. Like that Basmati one that is so unbelievably amazing I can't understand why anyone would grow it or cook it or season it any other way.

The thing is I don't even want to eat it. I just want to look at it and hear it talk to me. Colored rice does that sometimes.

Second of all, I want to drown in music. And, going back to the colored rice, I want nothing but neon colors in my rice. I need bright colors, the kind that very seldom appear in nature, to cancel out my color blindness.

It is the out-of-this-world metabolism that this rice posseses. Its rhythm, in sync with itself. The fact that I could take it or leave it. I would gladly take it, and still if denied to me, I would still be able to go on with my life as if I never had heard of it. Mulit-colored rice, you say? What a funny strange concept.

Still, I'd almost rather take it. And let it flutter with my water.

0 comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Subscribe