domingo, mayo 24, 2009

32. The lowdown

Publicado por Alba |

You and I, faithful companion, will never cease the search, even when the walls start to peel, for the fundamental difference between real and bad.

As we get to the empty part of this world, the boss-eyed bow-legged evil water witch will try to sneak up on us with her trickery, unwinding her wicked web of poison oak. While you sound the alarm, I will make time by proposing a game.

'If you win this one', I will tell her, 'I'll stay with you forever and let you love me and eat me up alive. If I win, you'll let us leave and you can die without me.' She will accept, for she cannot turn down a good game. Of course, I will have my riddle ready. I'm getting the hang of it.

'How can you walk away from something and still come back to it?'

She won't know what to say. She wouldn't. Only you and I have learned that the lowdown to everything that has a front cover is that it also has a back end.

0 comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Subscribe